Who could apply?
Eligible qualified donees operating within Canada were able to apply for small grants from the Community Fund for Canada’s 150th.
Eligible qualified donees include:
- registered charities;
- registered Canadian amateur athletic associations;
- registered housing corporations resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged;
- registered Canadian municipalities;
- registered municipal or public bodies performing a function of government in Canada.
I’m not a qualified donee
Community groups and other actors were welcome to work with a qualified donee to make an application to the Fund. In the case of such a collaboration, the qualified donee would submit the application on behalf of the collaborating partners.
Please note that the following qualified donees, as well as their departments and agencies, were ineligible for support from the Fund:
- the Government of Canada (federal government);
- the federal, provincial, and territorial governments;
- the Crown; and
- the United Nations.