Highlights from the Belong 2017 Community Foundations ConferenceWednesday, June 7th, 2017 | Erin Kasungu
Thank you once again to everyone who joined us for the Belong 2017 Community Foundations Conference. More than 750 community and philanthropic leaders from 105 Canadian communities and 34 countries internationally came together for an extraordinary few days of learning and connection.
Watch the best of Belong 2017 on Facebook
Our conference was full of memorable moments. Relive the highlights of Belong 2017 through our gallery of photos or re-watch the plenary sessions on Facebook that were live streamed during the conference.
Click the links below to watch each plenary through Facebook (no login or account is required)
- Opening plenary with the Governor General of Canada
- Vital Conversation on Belonging with Desmond Cole, Senator Ratna Omidvar and Natan Obed
- Plenary with John Ralston Saul
- Plenary with Cindy Blackstock
- Plenary with Nadia Duguay (in French)
- Closing plenary on leadership and globalization with Sharon Avery, Jess Tomlin and Julia Sánchez
Watch the National Thought Table on Reconciliation
On May 10, thought leaders from across Canada gathered for a roundtable discussion on reconciliation within a Canadian multicultural context. Among the topics discussed by the thought leaders were the findings of the National Narrative on Reconciliation Survey Report.
Save the date for Victoria in 2019!
The 2019 Community Foundations Conference will take place in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia with our friends at Victoria Foundation. Save the date June 5-8, 2019!